Sunday, December 4, 2011

Winter's Warmth - Framed and Ready To Ship.

Winter's Warmth 5x7" Oil on canvas board - Scott Ruthven
Well, it's Sunday and I didn't paint at all yesterday so I better get on it!  However, I did get this piece framed and thought I would show you the final product.  Since the painting is only 5x7" I decided to float it in a 6x8" frame.  This simply means that I mounted it first to a 6x8" panel painted black and then placed that into the frame.  The black panel provides a nice border between the painting and the frame and none of the painting is hidden behind the frame edges.

This ships to a collector in Oregon Monday but I hung it in my dining room for the weekend to enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work. I really admire plein-air painters. I've got the EasYl, which I've taken out a few times... but it's not easy to get into the outdoor painting 'zone'. Great work.
    Happy painting,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...