Sunday, October 16, 2016

Stanley Hotel

Stanley Hotel

Scott Ruthven
Stanley Hotel (Study)
11"X14" Oil on Linen Panel
The Stanley Hotel is in Estes Park, Colorado.  Built by F.O. Stanley (of Stanley Steamer fame) in 1909 to be one of the grandest hotels in the world.  It was originally painted yellow but I personally love the sharp, clean white and red combination.  Some of you may also know it was the inspiration for Stephen King's "The Shining" and parts of "Dumb and Dumber" were also filmed there.

I started this painting on location so as to really capture the early morning light.  I finished up the indication of windows and other details back in my studio.  I would like to make a much larger studio painting from this piece.

Click here to see it on my website.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...