Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Historic Ryssby Church in Longmont, Colorado

Ryssby Church
8"x10" Oil
Sold
I found this wonderful old church outside of Longmont Colorado a couple of weeks ago.  It happened to be late afternoon and the colors were wonderful so I pulled over, set up my painting gear and painted like mad until dark.  The beautiful roses and other flowers planted in the bed along the back wall drew me in; they were so vibrant against the aged stone wall.  I also like the sunset light reflecting on the side windows and the purple mountains.  What a beautiful and serene place.

This church was part of the first Swedish settlement in Colorado back in 1882 and was modeled after the settler's church in Ryssby, Sweden.

Here is a link to the church's web page: http://www.ryssbychurch.org/index.html









1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...